Head of Customer
- 3-9 Yarra Street, Abbotsford VIC 3067 (Flexible)
The Head of Customer will foster a world-class customer journey, by designing and implementing processes with an exceptional and empowered team to turn every customer into a lifelong promoter to maintain our 99% customer retention rate.
You’ll be working with an amazing team of people that care about their job and enjoy coming to work in a fast paced dog-friendly “scaleup” environment.
What you’ll need to do
To succeed in this role a candidate must be able to:
- Help our implementation team scale to deliver a smooth and painless onboarding experience, with predictable outcomes, for businesses small (5+ people) and large (200+ people), as our customers adopt our product and streamline their entire businesses.
- Maintain a top tier helpdesk function, helping our hundreds of customers troubleshoot issues efficiently, educate them and set them up for future success.
- Define and build a “success” function that proactively helps customers become product experts, and ultimately grow their businesses, through high-touch engagements and quality learning resources.
- Use data to present qualitative and quantitative reporting to the executive and board, on progress against your key results, and team capacity forecasting and planning.
What you’ll need to bring
To qualify for this role you’ll need to have experience with:
- Systematic thinking - ability to assess, suggest and implement improvements to consistently deliver the best customer outcomes.
- Experience hiring and building a culture of excellence.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, you will be scaling the team from 25 to 50+ across multiple geographies.
- Critical thinking and problem solving - to find solutions to challenges within the team and to offer support solutions to clients that will best-suit their needs
Who you’ll need to be
- Customer-obsessed, compassionate, articulate, and focussed.
- Experienced, we are looking for past experience in this role or similar at a fast-growing B2B SaaS scaleup.
Uptick is Australia's fastest-growing provider of field-servicing software for building compliance. Their all-in-one asset maintenance solution allows service providers to manage their mobile workforce, maintain customer assets and report on compliance, ultimately to improve building safety, reduce admin costs and improve efficiencies.
Uptick was founded in 2014 by Aidan Lister when he saw a significant modernisation opportunity to improve the way buildings are maintained. His belief is that if Uptick improves the visibility of maintenance and compliance, they can improve the safety of billions of buildings, create huge efficiency and ultimately protect lives. The success of his vision has been undergirded by the quality of Uptick's SaaS offering which is now used to maintain over 25% of Australian commercial and multi-storey residential buildings, by field servicing companies performing critical asset maintenance.
Uptick currently has 200+ customers and a 99% retention rate. Over 450,000+ buildings and millions of assets are maintained using Uptick's software every year. With a growth rate near 90% they are targeting international expansion into the NZ and UK markets. The US and Canada markets represent a further medium-term growth opportunity.
The business recently received a significant investment round from Accel-KKR. This investment and partnership will enable Uptick to fuel their international expansion, grow their customer success capabilities and accelerate their ambitious product roadmap. This marks Uptick's fourth funding round - early investors include Australia investment firms such as Folklore Ventures and Equity Venture Partners.